Capturing life's special moments.

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

T Family Portraits | Rutherford NJ Family Photographer | Debbie Allan Photography

It was a real treat for me to venture over to New Jersey to meet the T family. I always love the challenge of new locations. As much as I love the Hudson Valley and all its beauty, it is good to break away from the safety of the home grounds and explore a new location every once in a while.

I met the T family at their home first and spent some time getting to know them a little. The children were so much fun to hang out with and so well behaved it was a pleasure to spend time with them. We got some great shots immediately and I just knew this was shaping up to be one of my favorite sessions of 2010.






We headed to a great spot, Richard W. DeKorte Park The website and its photographs does not do this place justice. It is a little gem of a place, just a stones through away from the NJ Turnpike! Hard to believe but this is a wildlife haven for a huge array of native plants and is home to many birds, bugs and other animals.

We had fun exploring, taking breaks every once in a while for me to do my job! I was made to feel like I was accompanying the T family on a pleasant afternoon jaunt. This is how I love my family sessions to go. My aim is for the children to enjoy themselves and the fact that they are having their photographs taken is just an added extra. Mom did a great job in selecting this location as it really lent itself perfectly to enabling the children to run around and be themselves.









Dad has a rather cool motorcycle, and so Mom had asked if we could incorporate it into some of the shots. N's bedroom is decorated in a Harley theme and so they were looking to get some cool images for the walls. We had a blast at the end of the session when the children donned their leather biker jackets and cool dud shades for some posing with the Daddy's Harley. N reminded me of Fonzie, not that he knew what I was talking about, a little before his time!





Thank you once again T family. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Debbie currently lives in Tarrytown, Westchester, NY with her husband and two sons. She loves cooking, entertaining as well as hiking, camping with her family and friends and of course taking photos!

Quote of the week

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

To schedule a session

Followers

Contributors