Capturing life's special moments.

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

This week we headed south to Yonkers. Somewhere I had been meaning to explore long ago, when we lived a few minutes away in Hastings!

The Untermeyer Estate was very intriguing. We had a chance to explore the gardens of the estate. I do not think there is anything remaining of the house itself. I can only imagine how grand it must have been if the walled garden is anything to go by.

It is not maintained to the standards it would have been originally, but even in its current state I began to visualize my surroundings in their former glory.

The children had the time of their lives running around, hiding behind columns, climbing trees and gates, as the sun slowly set around us.

Yet another place I would love to go back to. It would be PERFECT for a wedding photo shoot!









No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Debbie currently lives in Tarrytown, Westchester, NY with her husband and two sons. She loves cooking, entertaining as well as hiking, camping with her family and friends and of course taking photos!

Quote of the week

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

To schedule a session

Followers

Contributors