Capturing life's special moments.

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Summer at Stone Barns


I just LOVE this place and so when Cameron had the chance to enroll in one week of Summer Farm Camp there I was thrilled for him. What a fabulous opportunity.

Each morning when Campbell and I dropped him off this week we went for a walk to see the piglets, lambs and chickens.

On Thursday morning we stayed and watched the campers during their morning session. One of their farm chores that day was "Chicken Roundup" and egg collecting. Some of the children in Cameron's group had the knack of picking up the "stray" chickens and returning them to their pen. Not something I was willing to try! I blamed it on the fact that I had my camera around my neck!!

It was fascinating to watch how skilled some of the children had become around the hens. After they had rounded them up the children collected the hens eggs from the mobile chicken barns which would be used in the restaurant and sold at the farmers market.

Each morning I enjoyed walking through the doorway garden. My favourite shot of the week is this one of a sunflower.

I will post more photographs from my adventures this week in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Debbie currently lives in Tarrytown, Westchester, NY with her husband and two sons. She loves cooking, entertaining as well as hiking, camping with her family and friends and of course taking photos!

Quote of the week

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

To schedule a session

Followers

Contributors