Capturing life's special moments.

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Sesame Street Shoot at Stone Barns


Following Cameron's week at Stone Barns Farm Camp last week he was invited back this week as one of the children to participate in the filming of a segment for Sesame Street on food and where it comes from.

The subject was EGGS and so the children initially met with Farmer Craig and went out to the Egg Mobiles to collect eggs. Following that they took the eggs into the barn and washed them and helped to pack them into egg cartons.

The last part of the filming was shot in the kitchen of Blue Hill at Stone Barns. Chef Adam helped the children prepare scrambled eggs, which they got to sample at the end.

I have never seen Cameron eat so much scrambled egg before, in fact I did not even think he liked it! He devoured five helpings!!!

He had been very nervous prior to the day of the filming and had not wanted to go at all. However I went with my motherly instincts and persuaded him that he would have a great time and I am pleased to say that he enjoyed himself even more that I thought he would.

I cannot wait until the segment airs...... next year. I will publish the date nearer the time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Debbie currently lives in Tarrytown, Westchester, NY with her husband and two sons. She loves cooking, entertaining as well as hiking, camping with her family and friends and of course taking photos!

Quote of the week

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

To schedule a session

Followers

Contributors